Now, it’s Grace’s turn. This fiesty 8 year old girl has filled our lives with richness and joy. When I was pregnant with her, we found out through ultrasound that the baby was going to be a girl. This was good because we only had a girl name picked out. Kevin said if it was a boy we would have to name him II Samuel. Ha! So, we selected the name Grace which means “blessing given, undeserved.” Little did we know how true this would be!
We were very shocked when she entered the world and was found to have Down Syndrome. This was not what we expected! However, God had other plans for our family.
Here are ten facts about this little lady:
1) Loves ketchup!
2) Swimming, dance, and playgrounds are her favorite activities.
3) She can’t wait for High School Musical III to come out on DVD. Saw it in the theater MANY times with Daddy.
4) Loves the bus, especially Char & Diane, and school including Kirkason, Pam, Lisa, Dawn, Robard, Leslie, Mock, Nick, Engal, and on and on……
5) Wears bright colored clothing – best if not matching!
6) Sleeps like a pretzel or folded up in half
7) Operates any DVD, CD or computer with ease
8) Loves to greet people with a handshake and says “Hi, I Grace, what your name?”
9) Can write her name, count sums up to ten, and can sight read almost 50 words!
10) She loves her family sooooo much!
When Grace first saw Bella on the computer, she said “Hey, that’s me, it’s Grace.” We are thankful to be able to give her a sister that will not only look like her, but will be her forever sister!
We thank God for his sovereignty because if given the choice, we would have probably traveled a different path. But thank God, he knew what would be best by giving us this “blessing undeserved!”