First of all, thank you everyone for your prayers and support. Waiting for news has been a difficult thing for me to deal with. Fortunately, Kevin is always optimistic and has been a rock during this whole journey. He keeps reminding me that until God says “No”, that we are to persevere in order to bring Bella home.
This whole process has revealed, once again, how weak I really am. When the going gets tough, my nature is to pull back and hide. Shamefully, I think, wouldn’t it just be easier to quit? However, this time, that is not an option. A little girl’s life is at stake, so I push forward, leaning on God and the people He has placed in my life. What a humbling place to be…
Now for the hopeful update! Here is what our agency said yesterday regarding our adoption process:
“No news is really, good news. If the SDA was going to reject it they already would have and the facilitator would have let me know. We should have a travel date for them before the 20th (most likely sooner but they legally have that long) so in the next 2 weeks they will for sure know when they will travel.“
Doesn’t that sound good? I’ll keep you posted. And, your prayers are still appreciated! Love, Paula